Sunday 26 March 2017

Rubblebucket - If U C My Enemies




1. Who are Rubblebucket?

Rubblebucket are an indie dance band, with brass, from Brooklyn, New York. They have been lighting it up since 2007 and have four albums on their roll of honor. If U C My Enemies (Nov’16) is the lead single from the E.P. of the same name If U C My Enemies (Jan’17).


2.What is If U C My Enemies like? 

If U C My Enemies has a mellow brass intro but the tune doesn't take long to hit peak party. The chorus is an ass-shaker and the sentiment is make love not war. 


3. Who do Rubblebucket sound like? 

Ra Ra Riot, Bishop Allen, and MisterWives.


4. What have the press said about If U C My Enemies

“Fun, flamboyant sound” – The Wild Honey Pie.

“Boisterous, feel-good music” – The Revue.

“Fun, bubbly, funky, horn-filled” – Surviving The Golden Age.




5. Which bands inspired Rubblebucket?

Their main influences are Talking Heads, The Flaming Lips, Bjork, The Beatles and Michael Jackson. 


6. Why should I give If U C My Enemies a listen?

Because you love the rhythm. 


7. What are Rubblebucket's best songs? 

My Life and Carousel Ride


8. Any more words? 

Jog on.

“If you see my enemies, tell them I stand corrected”





Bishop Allen are an indie rock band from Brooklyn, New York. They started playing in 2003 and have recorded four albums. Bishop Allen are influenced by Tom Waits and The Kinks. Start Again was the lead single from their fourth album Lights Out (2014). Start Again is a bubbling, sunshine with wind blowing through your hair as you run down the sand dunes toward the inviting sky-blue sea, song that encapsulates optimism and a longing for adventure.

“If you wanna burn it down, if you wanna start again,
If you wanna turn around, then go ahead”







No comments:

Post a Comment